Video is one of the most compelling tools in a marketer’s toolbox. High-quality footage that takes the viewer directly to a location and tells a compelling story can be far more powerful than any other type of marketing material.
For commercial real estate, video presents one of the best options to promote a property. Transporting a prospect inside the space allows them to experience a building without ever having to set foot inside.
How to use videography to bring in a lead
Most marketers believe short, engaging videos are among the best options for communicating a product. That’s especially true for commercial real estate properties, where prospects must be compelled to check out a physical space in person.
Video can help generate leads by painting a clear picture of what a prospect can expect from a space, including its amenities, features, and general locale. While having clear photos of a space are an important way to highlight sections of a building, video can help tell a more complete story and lend a greater sense of space and feeling of the environment.
Best practices for video marketing in real estate
High-quality video is essential to telling the story of your space. A misplaced shot, poorly angled light, or missing footage of an essential building feature can leave viewers with the wrong impression of a location. Before setting out to create video marketing for real estate, proper planning is essential.
Follow these best practices to plan and execute a video marketing for commercial real estate:
- Determine a master list of shots that must be captured at the location, including the most essential locations prospective tenants would like to see.
- Aim to shoot during the “golden hour,” around sunrise and sunset, to reduce harsh light from entering through the windows for ground-based footage. If daytime shots are essential, be sure to film in consistent light.
- Use professional lighting equipment to accurately portray the quality of a space, if necessary.
- Shoot using wide angles to capture as much of the space as possible.
- Incorporate subtle camera movement using a tripod or stabilized monopod to effortlessly pan across the space.
- Capture exterior footage of the location, including the neighborhood and any important transportation routes, to intersperse with footage of the space to paint a picture of the building’s location. There's no better way to do this than with high-quality aerial imagery from a drone (more on that below).
- Keep the video short, aiming for two to three minutes. Marketing videos should offer enough information to entice the viewer and compel them to take further action.
Additional tips and tricks for video marketing for real estate
Just as no two buildings are the same, no two videos should tell the same story. Every location should have its own unique identity that can be achieved through further refinement of a video for commercial real estate.
Use these additional tips to take your video marketing for commercial real estate to the next level:
- Choose compelling music or narration to accompany your video. The right voice actor or music track can raise the production value and help tell the story of the space.
- Showcase a brief tour of the neighborhood. Demonstrate your building’s spot in the community by highlighting local points of interest, transportation routes, and iconic local imagery.
- Incorporate aerial photography. Drone footage makes it possible to truly place a building in a city. Seeing a property from above can showcase the surrounding area in a breathtaking light. DroneBase offers commercial real estate companies a variety of specific packages to capture professional footage of retail spaces and other commercial properties.
If you need aerial videos or photos of your commercial property (or portfolio of properties), DroneBase is the leading provider of drone services. From safety checks, licensed pilots, and airspace waivers, to comprehensive shot lists, friendly customer support, and an easy to use platform, we make the process easy, fast, and affordable for you.
You can order just raw video footage to edit into your full video tour, an edited Pro video, or a full Premium video with voiceover, animations, and more. Get started with DroneBase on your next commercial listing today.