The fires in California have been devastating to witness. The entire DroneBase team feels especially connected to this recent string of disasters: our headquarters is located a few hours south of the fires in California, and we have many Pilots in or around the northern parts of our state, some that help provide drone coverage of the disaster.
A number of our Pilots accepted missions to capture aerial footage of the damage. These missions allow DroneBase to supply major media outlets with drone coverage and videography of the damage for their reporting. While this type of content can be jarring at first, it plays an important role in communicating the state of the disaster to the rest of the nation.
Here are just a few of the news sources that have picked up our Pilots’ drone coverage.
- CNN: How did the Northern California fires become so devastating?
- NPR: California Wildfires have now killed at least 21 people; more high winds forecast
- ABC News: At least 21 dead in horrific California wildfires, hundreds missing
- LA Times: Drone footage of fire damage in Santa Rosa
- Daily Mail: Wildfires in California flare up as death toll hits 21
- Daily Mail: Deadly California wildfires flare up and swallow more homes
- Daily Mail: Wildfires leave chimneys, charred appliances in their wake
- Santa Cruz Sentinel: California wildfires: Chimneys, charred appliances left in wake
- News Advance: PHOTOS: Wildfires kill at least 17 in California’s wine country
- Evening Express: Satellite images show wildfires in California burning from space
- Ottawa Sun: Death toll, destruction grows as California fires rage on
- Idaho Press: Wind whips new terror into deadly California wildfires
- Pilot Online: Wind whips new terror into deadly California wildfires
- The Garden Island: The Latest: 23 Now dead from California wildfires
- Texas Arkansas Gazette: Deadly California Wildfire Kills
- American Magazine: Catholic Schools among casualties in California wildfires
Our thoughts are with all those who have been affected by this devastation.
We’re currently working with media outlets on a national level to capture footage & survey damage. If you’re in need of drone coverage, aerial imagery, & surveillance, reach out to us today.